No products in the cart.
carrot and sea spaghetti salad
Seaweed used: Sea Spaghetti
– 15g ( ½ oz) sea spaghetti, dried or a handful of fresh sea spaghetti
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
– 4 – 5 carrots, washed well, not peeled, and sliced into long, fine lengths with a potato peeler
– 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
– 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon coarse whole grain mustard and honey
– 1 tablespoon mixed seaweed
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– A pinch of cayenne pepper
– A pinch of grey sea salt
- Rinse the dried sea spaghetti and soak in warm water for 1 hour or briefly steam until al dente. If using fresh sea spaghetti, rinse well and steam for 10 minutes until al dente.
- Rinse the seaweed again and then marinate in lemon juice and wine vinegar for a few hours or overnight.
- Some can be left full length to decorate – chop the remainder into 2.5 – 5cm (1 – 2 inch) pieces.
To prepare the salad
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jug or bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and sea spaghetti and allow to marinate for at least an hour.