No products in the cart.
Willowy sea spaghetti and delicate carrot strips combine with a sweet garlicky dressing to create a salad as delightful to look at as it is to eat. Easy to prepare, this salad never fails to delight even first time seaweed tasters.
Seaweed used: sea spaghetti
Serves 4 – 6
Sea Spaghetti Salad
15g (1/2 oz) sea spaghetti, dried or a handful of fresh sea spaghetti
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
4 – 5 carrots, washed well, not peeled, and sliced into long, fine lengths with a potato peeler
3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon coarse whole grain mustard and honey
1 tablespoon mixed seaweed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
A pinch of cayenne pepper
A pinch of grey sea salt
To prepare the sea spaghetti
1. Rinse the dried sea spaghetti and soak in warm water for 1 hour or briefly steam until al dente. If using fresh sea spaghetti, rinse well and steam for 10 minutes until al dente.
2. Rinse the seaweed again and then marinate in lemon juice and wine vinegar for a few hours or overnight.
3. Some can be left full length to decorate – chop the remainder into 2.5 – 5cm (1 -2 inch) pieces.
To prepare the salad
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jug or bowl.
2. Pour the dressing over the carrots and sea spaghetti and allow to marinate for at least an hour.